Saturday, March 27, 2010

I made it

I have loved reading my new magazine Oxygen, it is one of the best fitness magazines that I have found! It's motivating and plus it has super "fit" women in it. I am sooo sick of seeing weight loss magazines like Women's Health! I used to be a avid reader of WH but I got soo sick of seeing skinny actresses who either have anorexia or who haven't even graduated high school. Insert Miley Cryus here! I'm sorry but I could care less about a 17 year old who says they eat whatever they want. It's sooo not motivating to read! Oxygen has real women who are crazy about eating healthy, who have children, and who work their butts off to look good! Not only do they put out a killer mag every month they also have a great website with tips! I love their training portion of the site! How motivating!

http://www.oxygenmag.com/training

In this months issue they had a column about rewarding yourself for lost weight! I have always been brought up that rewards are with dessert and I will not be passing this reward on to my children! It's a hard habit to break! Anyways along those lines whenever something good happened in my life I have always awarded myself with an expensive dinner or dessert. Since I am really trying to eat healthy and to change my "Life Style" I thought the tip was written just for me!! The tip was to reward your weight loss goals with fun things! For example every 10 pounds you lose buy yourself something to motivate you to lose the next 10 pounds. Well I am now down 11.5 pounds and every 10 pounds I am rewarding myself with something awesome!! Today we went shopping and this is what I got to motivate me for my next 10 pounds!!



This is what I bought:
A new training mat
New weights 3 and 5 pounds
Weight gloves
A 5 pound weighted ball
A new excersie ball (a smaller version of the one I already have)

I have to say I am thrilled with my purchase and this will only bring more fun to this weeks workouts!
Anyways off for my daily run! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kathy Purnell said...

Ya!! Good for you for rewarding your self with things to keep you motivated. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve what you have done. Last summer while we were up in Cananda I was able to get down to my weight that I wanted to be at and then we came back home and I added it all back on and MORE! I'm going to have to check out that magazine it sounds awesome! It looks like you are doing great. You are beautiful, fun and an amazing women! Keep up the good work! xoxo

Miss Priss Morgan said...

Great purchase! You're helping me get motivated to work out before my cruise in May! I think I'm going to have to check out this magazine.