Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the good with the bad

Its been a long time since I have written. Mostly for dumb reasons but I'm doing it now so that's all that matters..

I have been off work for 2 weeks because I got my tousles out. It's been a good/bad thing because sometimes the stress of work gets to me and I find myself being too tired to care about the house cleaning and about getting things done. I was alone most of the 2 weeks which gave me time to think about a new me! Things that I want to do with myself and things that I just want to get done.

1. I want to lose weight. I'm sick of feeling chubby, and I'm sick of the way I feel in my t-shirts! I rarely wear shirts that are tight, and I always cover up my stomach with a sweater or sweatshirt. I'm sick of seeing old pictures of me when I was 120-130 pounds and wishing that I could weigh that again! I'm sick of growing out of my clothes, and having to buy larger ones! That's it, I'm just sick of it, and with the way I have been .. It's time for a change!

Welcome to the new me! The me that has already lost 8 pounds from surgery! The me that will meet my goal and be down to 130 by June, and the old me that will fit into my clothes again!!

Who would have thought that having surgery could really end up being a good thing instead of a bad thing?

2. I want to blog more, more about my life my struggles, and my weight lose goal!
3. I want a stress-free life! I have had time to ponder the important things:

Tony: My man is insanely in love with me. After my surgery he took care of me, brought me flowers to make my day better, cleaned, took Bear out twice a day everyday, and has keep a smile on his face. He keeps me in check when I'm moody, but knows the right things to say when I'm lonely and home sick. He truly is my better half and my best friend.

Bear: He has been sooo stinking cute this whole time I have been home. After Tony takes him for his walk in the morning and kisses me goodbye Bear jumps on the bed to snuggle. He curls up in a ball to fit perfectly around my folded legs. He protects me throughout the day by growling at every person who walks by our place (which he totally does not do when Tony is home). He's been going easy on me when I take him for short walks. With his wet nose he sniffs my nose to wake me up which I happen to think is the cutest thing in the world! He's been such a sweetie

Family and Friends: I'm so blessed to have such a great family to call and check on me even though they knew I couldn't talk for the first week. They sent emails, text, and cards just to make sure I was doing ok. My friend Cheryl came into town to stay with me while Tony worked, my friends Nick and Tracie came over during the day while Tony was busy to keep me company and to watch countless movies with me! My friend Krystal who has texted me almost everyday to keep me sane! It's little acts of kindness that mean the world to me!

4. I want to move home, and to start my own family. That's right I said it, I want my own family! :)

5. Mostly I just want to be happy! The end

4 comments:

Ashley Perme said...

Hey Brittie Shea! I love you so much! I fully support you with all of your goals! Let's e-mail everyday and keep in touch and do this together! You know I always want to lose weight too, so let's do it baby!!! Love you!! xoxo

Stephen & Kendra said...

Move home and start a family? What exactly does that mean? Move back to Boise? Get PREGNANT?!!! Yipee. I'll take either option. I know how you feel about the whole weight thing. When I married Stephen I quit working out all together and gained 18 pounds the first year and a half, then I got pregnant. After 2 kids I am starting to get back down but definately not 130 lbs. You are beautiful, just eat healthy and work out just because it makes you feel better, you'll get there. I love ya and am glad you are doing better. I secretly want my tonsils out although I have no idea why. :)

Tony and Brittainy Nelson said...

Kendra-- we have been talking about Boise weekly if not daily. We honestly feel like that is where our family needs to be and will end up being. I guess it's time for me to catch up to all my married friends and have kids. The plan is still about a year out but I know thats the ending goal! Plus getting my tonsils out sucked at the night but it was a great jump start!! Love ya!!

Tony and Brittainy Nelson said...

Ash!! I'm soo glad we email and help each other!! I love it!! I think I'm going to start posting more things about this journey unless we start our own blog.. remember ??